Problem with HTTPS request

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Mon Sep 16 08:44:12 EDT 2002

Steve Holden wrote:
> Well, I don't think we disagree on the importance of presentation and
> compliance with standards.

Perfect.

> I simply think you have to allow some leeway to people who either
> a) may not know any better

That was the reason I was complaining, so people who read this (and not
just the poster) /will/ know better. Private email would have been more
appropriate, but OTOH only reach the poster.

> or b) may not have a choice about the mailer they use at work, for
> example.

These people should be a minority of Outlook Express posters here, as
reading/posting to comp.lang.python is hardly required in many jobs. Plus,
if you're forced to use inappropriate tools for elementary tasks, then
maybe you should try to find a job where developers are treated
appropriately.

> [...] but-feel-free-to-continue-ly y'rs  -s teve

No, the public and private replies showed that this wouldn't be welcome.

-- Gerhard