Stackless Python, eventual merge?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Sep 17 02:03:47 EDT 2002

Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> writes:

> But it doesn't seem like complexity was ever the fundamental problem --
> the complexity could have been dealt with, but I don't believe there was
> ever any indication that if it was simplified or documented that it
> would get into standard Python.

That is not true. I have indicated this atleast once, namely when I
studied the code. For me, the complicatedness was always the problem -
complexity is fine, since this is a complex problem.

> It has been simplified, but I don't think that changes anything with
> regard to getting it into standard Python -- the same barriers still
> exist.

You are making these barriers up in your mind. I don't know why you
are doing that, though.

It requires certain skills to contribute to free software, yes, and
these skills are different from the skills you need to write the
software in the first place. Lack of skills may indeed pose a barrier
- but one that can be overcome by determined contributors. Those
contributors might only need the permission from the original author
to start working.

Regards,
Martin