Why Python?

David Brown david at no.westcontrol.spam.com
Mon Sep 9 07:14:00 EDT 2002

"Andres Rosado" <arosado at softhome.net> wrote in message

> Also, I started recently to learn PHP. I wouldn't recommend it for a
newbie
> at programming, unless he/she needs it.

PHP has one area of use - web sites.  Outside that, it's a not too great,
but within that, it is an excellent language, and is extremly easy for a
newbie to get the hang of.  When you are constructing web pages, it is very
easy to mix php and html so that you only program the bits you need to.  On
the other hand, if your site involves doing extensive programming work, then
php is less suitable - you are better of with something like python.  If I
were constructing a serious web application (something I will do soon), I'd
do most of it in php, but with some of the hard work behind the scenes done
with python.