Python doesn't suck!

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Wed Sep 18 20:22:40 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 2:31 am, rzed wrote:
> "Domenico" <grayshade at libero.it> wrote in message
> news:e34e8ce6.0209180737.49868d9f at posting.google.com...
>
> > http://www.theperlreview.com/at_a_glance.html
> >
> > According to the most accurate algorithm, Python is the second
> > less-sucking language.
>
> Behind PHP (?!) if I read the charts right. Says a lot about the
> languages.

Actually, that page says stuff-all. A friend wrote another version of the
sucks-rules-ometer that filtered out a bunch of false positives and negatives
for a bunch of different languages (Monty Python hits, for example, were
filtered out of the Python results). IIRC Python had a significantly better
standing than the results on the perl review's site :)

   Richard