Tkinter, updateStringProc for type font

Pier Paolo Glave pierpaolo.glave at ciaolab.com
Wed Sep 4 08:55:22 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with my Python program, which uses Tkinter to
interface Tcl/Tk.
I sometimes get this error message from Tcl:
"UpdateStringProc should not be invoked for type font".
As a consequence, the application crashes with SIGABRT (6).

I'm using: Python 2.2, Tcl/Tk 8.3.3-69.

I've seen in the tcl sources that this happens when a function named
Tcl_GetString() is called for a "type" which has the "byte" field set
to NULL, and no "updateStringProc" function pointer: this seems to
happen for Tk type "font", sometimes in my application.
Anyway, I'm not able to understand more.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thank you
--
Pier Paolo Glave