[DB-SIG] RE: What database should I use

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Sep 5 13:24:05 EDT 2002

> Hello,
> I am going to program a small application (in Python and wxPython) which
> consists about 2000 - 3000 records . Can you please recommend which database
> is the best for that. I use Windows. Maybe MS Access  or FoxPro or MySQL or
> better? I want to keep the program as small as possible. Thanks Ladislav

If you only use it internally, then I'd suggest downloading
and installing the MS MDAC package and using it via ODBC. You
get the Access Jet-Engine for free that way.

Another approach would be SAP DB which is Open Source and
works nicely on Windows too.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH