a python puzzle

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 25 19:58:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16:26, Andy Salnikov wrote:
> "Gary Herron" <gherron at islandtraining.com> wrote in message

> > The fact that this puzzle was easy to decrypt says something (good)
> > about Python:
>
>   C'mon, "the fact that this puzzle was easy to decrypt says" that
> "encription" was really trivial.

Yes, it was meant to be easy, because it is basically a slightly
disguised SPAM message.  There was nothing "pythonic" about this puzzle
at all, except a rather routine piece of code.  If I has bothered to
'decrypt' it, I would be pissed.  (Reminds me of little Ralphie, in "A
Christmas Story", waiting weeks to get his secret decoder wheel, only
to find the secret message is 'Be sure to drink your Ovaltine')

--

Chad Netzer
cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov