ANN: New PEP Format: reStructuredText

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Sun Sep 1 07:51:22 EDT 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 9:45 pm, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 6:46 pm, Robin Becker wrote:
> > In article <mailman.1030831309.22494.python-list at python.org>, Richard
> > Jones <rjones at ekit-inc.com> writes
> >
> > >This is done in the docutils sandbox under the richard/pythonpoint
> > > directory. I had this working ages ago (back in March, I think) but
> > > hadn't updated it when David merged the dps and restructuredtext
> > > projects to form the docutils project. That's done now.
> > >

> > >    Richard
> >
> > So does this appear as a CGI somewhere or should I go ahead and make a
> > working demo?
>
> No, there's no CGI. The pythonpoint script in the sandbox is a "working
> demo". Pass it a rest file as a command-line arg, and it'll spit out
> pythonpoint XML (read the example for limitations though).

ps. yes, it should be possible to merge the processing into one tool that
spits out PDF, but I simply didn't get that far back in March, and "make" did
a pretty good job... I had a presentation deadline to meet, and
rest/pythonpoint were a huge help in getting there. No polish though :)

pps. not so sure about overcoming the limitations of the PDF layout - though
again I really didn't have enough time when I wrote it to investigate

    Richard