Python's import: why doesn't it work?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Sep 29 13:58:18 EDT 2002

]Jurie Horneman]
> However, I do stand by my criticisms of the Python docs.

Every page of the docs sez at the bottom:

    See About the Python Documentation for information on
    suggesting changes.

which link says, in part,

    General comments and questions regarding this document should be
    sent by email to python-docs at python.org.  If you find specific
    errors in this document, please report the bug at the Python Bug
    Tracker at SourceForge.

The docs are exactly as good as volunteers have made them (well, actually
better, thanks to Fred <wink>).  When you find an explanation inadequate to
your needs, suggesting specific improvements in the right place is the only
way it will improve.