Source code

BT no at mail.com
Tue Sep 17 06:00:52 EDT 2002

>> True.. that's why I'm planning to obfuscate the code then encrypt it.

>you don't want to go overboard with this, people still have to use the
>program - where are you going to keep the code that is 'now' (once
>decrypted) in plaintext?
>[...]
>if they're able to run the code, it'd be a fairly solid bet that they'd know
>about Python, if not, a quick search on Google would probaly net you all the
>info you need to find out just what that file is. After all, in order to run
>the program they'd need to at least install Python somehow - unless you're
>planning to embed Python in some other app, and run your code in that...

Yes, sorry... I forgot to mention I'm planning to embed the encrypted pyc in a
standard c application
who will load the file in memory and decrypt it.
I've read somethig about importing .pye files from a db, but now I am still
developing, never tried to do that:
I'll try do protect the app when it's completed.

For "obfuscate the code" I mean writing (or find) a small app that sobstitute
every variable and function  name
with a random code like 'd93jkm39'.
Yes, the software will be usable even in plain text, but I think everyone will
waste some time to figure out
what's happening.

I don't want to waste months to find a way to protect it, a week or two will be
sufficient.