pygame.event.Event?

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Sat Sep 28 15:17:48 EDT 2002

In article <r_Lk9.174774$pX1.6183293 at news2.tin.it>, Max wrote:
>I can't generate a QUIT event in pygame:
>pygame.event.Event(type, dict, [keyword_args]) -> Event
>
>What do I have to put in "dict"?

i should fix the docs up a little on that. the dictionary argument is
optional. it is a way to add any extra attributes to the event. the QUIT
event doesn't really have any attributes. you can ignore the argument.

also, an easier way to handle the extra attributes is with keyword argument
handling. "my_quit = pygame.event.Event(QUIT, fake=1)", and your program
could easily later determine if this was a "real" quit event or not.