Need advice on choosing the technology for intranet based application

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Sep 19 20:08:03 EDT 2002

In article <3d88fd1e at news.ivm.net>, Nenad Propadovic wrote:
> -I assume the simplest way to present a graph/chart kind of graphic is to
> create a jpg/giff/tiff on the server side, and just show it on the client?

Yes.  PIL, the Python Imaging Library, would be one possibility; so is
the gd module.  For example, the pricing charts on the pages at
http://www.mems-exchange.org/catalog/ are generated from Quixote using
gd.  PDF likely isn't helpful, because browsers won't display PDF
images inlined in a web page, though it's certainly well-suited for
multi-page reports that need to be printed.

--amk