Destructor never called ???

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Wed Sep 11 19:29:14 EDT 2002

I presume that you are using CPython (not jpython).

vb wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have the following code my problem is when I call any methods of
>        TCVector_Object the destructor never executes.
>
> I mean
>
> v = module.CreateTCVector()
> del v;

or maybe you are using JPython :-)

> //destructor runs. message shown .OK
>
> but
> in
>
> v = module.CreateTCVector()
> v.Append(123);
> del v;//or closing python interpreter

At least you are coming from java :-)

getting ontopic, what does your 'Append' method do? It's not the
usual list.append method, right?

> destructor never gets called. Any ideas?

You need to provide *example* code, showing unexpected behaviour.
Tossing in some information about the python version and the operating
system might help, too.  Especially when it's about low-level behaviour.

regards,

    holger