cursor positioning and color

brrrent bfarwick at juno.com
Thu Sep 26 05:32:41 EDT 2002

bogusdrop at myself.com (TuxTrax) wrote in message news:<30770aa4.0209232242.1e91d9d5 at posting.google.com>...
> bfarwick at juno.com (brrrent) wrote in message news:<1b6dca50.0209231022.6fae7f6d at posting.google.com>...
> > TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net (TuxTrax) wrote in message news:<slrnaoqv2q.hn4.TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet>...
> > > Being new to python, I would like to know how one goes about such
> > > tasks as precise cursor positioning and output to screen in color.
> > >

> > Hi Mathew,
> >
> > Curses is the way to go when using Linux/Unix.
> >
> > Wconio is the way to go when using Microsoft.
> > You can find in the Vaults of Parnassus.  If you have any trouble
> > locating it, let me know, I can email it to you.  Small library, works
> > well.
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > brrrent
>
> Thanks Brent. Appreciate it. Am I to understand that there are no
> python libraries that do this as a standard part of the python
> distribution?

Mathew,

A linux or unix distribution without curses is just about unheard of.
About the only chance of finding a linux installation without curses
would be in a standalone firewall box.

WConio is a "tiny" download and very worth it.  Works like a champ.
One heck of a lot easier to grasp than curses.  Many thanks to Mr.
Gonnerman for such a useful library.  If you write a python WConio
app, why not just send WConio along with the python code.  As I said,
it's "tiny".

brent