Anyone can tell me why?

hpyhpy member at dbforums.com
Mon Sep 16 21:22:23 EDT 2002

Originally posted by Andy Salnikov
> "hpyhpy"  wrote in message
> news:1817360.1032087013 at dbforums.com"]news:1817360.1032087013 at dbforum-
> s.co-
> m[/url]...
> > But I try,change the filename as "example.so","_example.so",
> > "examplemodule.so",#_#,same error......have other advise?^_^
>
> 1. You run python from directory different from where your .so
>    lives in. Python finds everything in the well-defined places, which
>    includes local directory. From python prompt type:

>   to see the list of directories where python can find a module. Do
>   not
>   put your module outside of any directory in this path.
>
> 2. Your python was built without support for dynamic loading. Don't
>    know how to check this. Ask the person who installed/configured
>    your python.
>
> 3. Shared library was not build correctly. I'm not familiar with SCO
>    but usually with gcc I do 'gcc -shared object.o -o whatever.so' and
>    that
>    works.
>
> 4. Whatever else....
>
>   Andy.

Yeah,thank you for these advise.

I suppose it may associate with the second point you said,I download
python 2.xx,as GNU,./configure,./make,it can't install on sco,so I use
python 1.5 .

And swig is same thing,last I use v1.1.Somebody tell me I shall check
the compiler and python and swig should be same----Oh,I can't believe :

When compile python ,system use GCC,and compile swig,it use CC(sco
with it self).

I change it and ok^_^