Outlook 2002 and Python

Paul Sage psage at ncaustin.com
Mon Sep 23 23:57:06 EDT 2002

What:  I saw an idea for a way to create a good SPAM filter for email.

How: I would like to try to implement the algorithm in Python.

Why:  I am trying to get familiar with Python, as I will be using it at
work quite a bit, and would like to keep my skills honed.

Where:  Windows XP and Outlook 2002

Okay, so smart people would say, "just go use Visual Studio or Visual
Basic," I suppose.  I don't know those two languages either, and they
might be the right tools for the job.  However, that would defeat the
point of trying something in Python.  Doing something else probably
wouldn't be as useful to me personally.

Does anyone know how and where in the world I would even start to try to
write some kind of addin for Outlook 2002 in Python?   I don't even know
how to start the project currently, and I am turning here first.