Porting woes

Jay jstavnitzky at atsautomation.com
Fri Sep 20 12:09:08 EDT 2002

Hello, I am in the process of trying to port Python to a TI
TMS320C6xxx series DSP.  The code now compiles (under the TI Code
Composer IDE), but I have assertions failing at runtime.  The
assertion reads as follows:

Assertion failed, (((cls)->ob_type == &PyClass_Type)), file
typeobject.c, line 649

This failure is occuring during the function classic_mro().  The stack
at that point is classic_mro(),mro_implementation(),mro_internal(),PyType_Ready(),
PyTypeReady(),Py_ReadyTypes(),Py_Initialize(),Py_Main().

Help!! What is happening at this point, and what could be causing this
assertion to fail?

Thanks,
Jay