"time" module under AIX?

marco marco at reimeika.ca
Sun Sep 22 01:34:36 EDT 2002

marco <marco at reimeika.ca> writes:

> I've just compiled python 2.2.1 under AIX and all seemed
> to go well. However, I'm having some trouble importing
> a few modules such as "time" and "math" e.g.

OK, it seems it was a permission problem. I compile/install
stuff as a non-privileged user and then change ownership.
However, it turns out that "make install" doesn't use the
"install" command consistently and sometimes just copies
stuff (without setting any permissions). In my case the
files in lib-dynload ended up being 750 and this was causing
problems (there may be others, I have to check carefully)...

Cheers,

marco at reimeika.ca
Gunnm: Broken Angel
http://reimeika.ca/