pyrhon and oracle

DeepBleu DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org
Sat Sep 21 10:48:56 EDT 2002

"Lee Gray" <lee100 at sport.rr.com> wrote in message
news:B__i9.505088$q53.17034835 at twister.austin.rr.com...
> Satheesh Babu wrote:
>
> > cx_Oracle might be the *easiest* to use. I use DCOracle while working
> > with Zope, but for standalone development, cx_Oracle is tops.
> >
> > Download the driver from
> > http://www.computronix.com/utilities.shtml
> >
> > go to Python DB-API specs
> > http://www.python.org/topics/database/DatabaseAPI-2.0.html
> >
> > Here's an example using DB-API
> > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/81189
> >
> > vsb
> > http://vsbabu.org/
> >

> I'm just looking into Python, so these articles don't mean much to me
yet...
> Does all this mean that Python doesn't talk to an Oracle DB "out of the
> box"?  For Windows, can Python use ADO?

In all programming languages you have to add components/packages to do
certain things.  In the case of Python you have to add a package that allows
you to use a database.  There are many packages made for Python for this
purpose.
Also, Python can use ADO in Windows.  Please search for Python and ADO in
Google.  There are articles that describe how to do that.