file mode attributes...

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Mon Sep 16 17:26:05 EDT 2002

> From: Martin v. Löwis [mailto:loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de]
>
> "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> writes:
>
> > I was wondering if this was the best way of implmenting these
> > functions (windows)?
>
> Yes.

Thanks. Do you think there would be any interest in adding these kinds of utility functions to e.g. the os.path module?

[snip]

> Notice that, on WNT/2k/XP, you might also need to modify the
> access control list to give users permissions, especially if
> the files are on NTFS. Access and modification of the ACL is
> not supported in standard Python.

win32all isn't standard on Windows <wink>? Seems like it would be pretty straightforward (although tedious) with win32security.ACL() etc. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that for this project (I just need to make sure the current process doesn't delete the files accidentally :-)

-- bjorn