Python GUI app to impress the boss?

terry tg5027 at citlink.net
Tue Sep 17 21:40:34 EDT 2002

>> I'm willing to bet, though, that Python will be around for longer
>> than VBScript.

Cameron,

I don't like to disagree with an icon, but I think that you are missing
a deficiency in Python that will ultimatly limit it's usefullness in
the vast majority of the software that is written in the world.

As long as Python refuses to admit that money is the focus of most of
the world's software, Python will be relagated to the same status as
FORTRAN, BASIC, and etc - except COBOL and VB.

Is there any way to get the Python world to allow for the processing of
monetary applications without some hokey 60's constructs that involve
in-line conversions or anticipations of calculation characteristics?

Regards,

terry