Access to CDDB or FreDB from python ?

AT&T ivan.brkanac at hl.hinet.hr
Mon Sep 16 06:59:22 EDT 2002

I am using python 2.2. on win32 and I wanted to access CDDB from python
and there is CDDB python module on source forge. But it is not working
at least on Win32 and python 2.2 also while I was looking freedb
documentation they stated
that to calculate exactly DiscID in win32 you should not use MCI what is
method off this library.
I would like to ask if somebody have some experience in accessing cddb from
python and if so if he can share some code or some link. I managed to access
it thru one Ocx control, but this is not really in python spirit since it
works only on win32

Ivan