html template system?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sun Sep 15 03:49:09 EDT 2002

Aldo Cortesi wrote:

> ":B nerdy" <thoa0025 at mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
>
>>what are good templating systems avaliable for python?
> Cheetah - http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
> YAPTU - http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52305

Speaking as the author of YAPTU -- YAPTU is a neat little toy, but Cheetah
is a truly powerful system, particularly if your needs coincide with those
it was designed for (e.g., make it feasible for non-programmers to edit the
templates).  I'd suggest looking into Cheetah (or other powerful systems --
Cheetah looks very good to me, but I don't come close to knowing them
all!-), maybe unless you happen to be in a peculiar niche (e.g., if you
must bundle your templating system with a small app, and you don't need too
much in terms of raw power, YAPTU's tiny size may be a plus).

Alex