I must be an idiot, please pity me!

newbie sam at localhost.localdomain
Wed Sep 11 18:55:46 EDT 2002

Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I don't believe I mentioned anything not
functioning properly. I did say "All works fine". I don't have failing
code, I simply suspect (hope) the current implentation isn't very good.
The pseudo code listed was what I was epecting python to allow me to do,
but due to the namespace implementation, it doesn't. I have to do what I
considered as a work around, and that is by passing a db connection to
pretty much everything to get seperate modules/functions to share a db
connection. Maybe that's just the way things are done in python, modules
and databases? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Putting everything into one module works as expected too. But then it's
not very good for code reusage, as importing that module brings me back to
passing a db connection to everything.

I was hoping that I had missunderstood a basic concept, and that there was
a nice way of perform something along the lines of the pseudo code listed.