Creating a typelibrary for calling Python COM server from c#

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Thu Sep 19 14:51:17 EDT 2002

"Dave Gustafson" <DGustafson at attbi.com> writes:

> There was a thread recently that suggested creating a typelibrary in
> order
>
> to access a Python based COM server from C# (or .NET).  Can anyone
> please
>
> suggest an easy way to create such a library???

Create an .idl file. MSDN has resources for the syntax of this file.

Run the midl compiler on the .idl file (midl.exe), this will generate
a typelibrary (.tlb) file and c source and header files.

If you don't have Visual Studio, I believe that you can get the midl
compiler by downloading the Microsft Platform SDK (also on msdn).

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad