How to install informixdb-1.3 for python2.2 on RH7.3?

J Dubal dubal at khimjiramdas.com
Fri Sep 6 02:22:38 EDT 2002

Hello again!

I managed to compile and install informixdb module manually for py221.
However, when I import it in python2, it gives following error:
ImportError: Cannot locate C core module for informix db interface.

If I try import _informixdb, it gives following error:
ImportError: /opt/informix/lib/esql/libifgen.so: undefined symbol:
stat

Please help. If we cannot make this work, we will have to go back to
1.5.2 - not very attractive alternative.

Thanks in advance.
Dubal.