Bind threads to addresses -- Windows & urllib?

Nick Arnett narnett at mccmedia.com
Wed Sep 4 12:40:17 EDT 2002

I can't see an obvious easy way to bind threads to IP addresses on a Win2K
machine.  I have a multi-threaded Web spider, which uses urllib to retrieve
pages, and would like to bind each thread to a different address on the
machine, if possible.  Alternatively, I'd be willing to run separate
processes to accomplish the same.  So far, my searches aren't coming up with
any solution... And it would be wonderful if such an approach were also
portable to Linux...  Pointers?

--
Nick Arnett
Phone/fax: (408) 904-7198