Twisted docs (was Re: Python IPC options)

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org_NOSPAM
Sun Sep 1 17:15:50 EDT 2002

Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> Please stop coding and working on functionality until you have good
> docs.  You have a doc explaining the difference between a framework
> and a library, that is good.  More of that!  About daemons, servers,
> internet protocols, tutorials, whatever.

We don't have enough documentation, that's true.

But see http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/dev - I count 14 docs there
that have immediately useful info. They cover writing servers, clients,
threading, proceses, web developlement, scheduled execution, database
integration and more.

> Open source is great but weak without good docs.

That is very true. I take it you're going to volunteer some time to write
docs? We'd really appreciate it! ;)

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting