Good book choice?

Eva eva_ag at eresmas.com
Sun Sep 15 10:35:26 EDT 2002

Hello all!

I am new to Python but an experienced programmer in Fortran95 (not too
object
oriented). I am looking for a suited Python book. I'd like it to have
clear ideas about OO, as well as an straight pointing into the core
language.

It seems that 'Python Essential Reference (2nd Edition)' is a good
choice. There is also the book 'Making use of Python' (by Rashi
Gupta). Is there any user that bought both? Is it good the treatment
of OO in the former? Is there a lack of applications point of view in
the former? Could anybody compare them? pros/cons?

Thanks in advance,
Eva.