tkinter asyncore.loop

Tim Lavoie tjlavoie at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 17 09:53:33 EDT 2002

    Rune> Hello, Some months back I sendt a question to the list where
    Rune> I asked if anyone knew how to catch errors in an asyncore
    Rune> loop.  I got an answer to override the "handle_error" in the
    Rune> client. I still can't get

    Rune> it to trap any errors though. The error I need to trap is
    Rune> "Connection lost". If I remove the network connection and
    Rune> try to update the stream

    Rune> or post to the socket nothing happens. When I reconect the
    Rune> network my application just continues to serve like nothing
    Rune> has happened. This is
    Rune> of course nice, but not the functionallity I'm looking for.

I tried much the same thing, and never did see much in useful errors
hitting my handle_error, but catching exceptions in handle_read did
the trick. My little app also uses tkinter and asyncore, along with
timeoutsocket. Anyway, the exceptions were caught and used to trigger
the error-handling callback to do the work.