Python GUI app to impress the boss?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Tue Sep 17 22:08:12 EDT 2002

<snip>
> Is there any way to get the Python world to allow for the processing of
> monetary applications without some hokey 60's constructs that involve
> in-line conversions or anticipations of calculation characteristics?
>
> Regards,
>
> terry

What prevents the creation of a decimal money type? I agree, it would be
nice if python could do something akin to calculator aritmetic with types
like scientific (covered) engineering (improper scientific with the exponent
as a power of 3 and the (oops, forgot the term - mantissa?) more then a
single digit as in 12.2e3), fixed precision (1..n to the right of the
decimal). The forthcoming fractions are going to be interesting... (chinese
interpretation).

Be nice too if math could do rads, grads and decimal degrees.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA