RedHat 7.3 and Python2.2.1

Kow Kuroda kkuroda at crl.ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 3 12:31:37 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 05:11 , Peter Hansen wrote:

> Kow Kuroda wrote:
>> As a last thought, doesn't Red Hat have different versions of the 7.3
>> distribution?
>
> Maybe you installed a beta?

I don't know because I just used the installer available at an institute I'
m working, and I'm back to RHL 7.2 now.

> I'm pretty sure there's only one release version to date.  I could be
> wrong.  The one I installed I took from
> their web site just two weeks ago.  uname says it's version:
>
>   2.4.18-3 #1 Thu Apr 18 07:37:53 EDT 2002 i686
>
> and /etc/redhat-release says "release 7.3 (Valhalla)"

I'm not on 7.3 now, so I can't tell exactly which version/release it was.
Nevertheless, it was surely release 7.3 Valhala, though the kernel version
was different, I suspect.

> Oh well, there's no telling with software. :)

Very true ;-)

kOw