Project idea

Colin Brown cbrown at metservice.com
Thu Sep 5 16:38:11 EDT 2002

Hi

If you are interested in a Windows platform project for automated testing
then read on.

There is an excellent freeware package "AutoIt" available from
http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/
that provides a DLL module that could be readily interfaced to Python.

"AutoIt" is a simple tool that can simulate key presses, mouse movements and
window commands (maximize, minimize, wait for, etc.) in order to automate
any windows based task (or even windowed DOS tasks).

Combining these features with say the ability to produce checksums of
snapshotted screen frames for
test comparisons would provide the basis for a nice GUI regression test rig.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to follow up on this myself so I though
I would pass it on.

Colin Brown
PyNZ