Printing with python

Uwe Schmitt uwe.schmitt at procoders.net
Tue Oct 1 08:19:35 EDT 2002

Grzegorz Makarewicz <mak at trisoft.com.pl> wrote:
> Florian Schulze wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to know what solutions exist for printing (on paper) with
>> python. Preferable would be a crossplatform approach, but only for Windows
>> would be good enough. I also thought about using the reportlab pdf lib and
>> using the free Acrobat Reader for preview and printing. It has a nice API
>> and I don't think it will be too hard to send it to Acrobat Reader.
>>
>> Any suggestions or thoughts about this?

I uses reportlab to generate a pdf file, then I transformed it to
postscript using ghostview. The resulting file was copied to "prn:",
a pseudo-file, which represents the printer at your parallel port.

Greetings, Uwe

--
Uwe Schmitt                    Computer science is no more about Computers,
dr.schmitt at procoders.net       than astronomy is about telescopes. (Dijkstra)