Leibniz_Pi.py

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Oct 16 07:49:04 EDT 2002

david at boddie.net (David Boddie) writes:

> It would be interesting to add an irrational number class to Python with
> methods for generating approximations to whatever accuracy is desired.
> I can't see an existing PEP for this at the moment, only one for rational
> numbers.

There's Jurjen Bos' real.py (available at

ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/DataStructures/

in the file real-accurate.pyar.Z and probably various other places)
which is fun, but I'm unconvinced that it's actually useful.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I have *both* hands clapping, but I'm still not sure it's a sound.
  When I tried deciding if it were a sound while clapping only one