Decimal arithmatic, was Re: Python GUI app to impress the boss?

Tim White timNOSPAMwhite at rogers.com
Wed Oct 2 16:07:26 EDT 2002

Actually, using the implied precision...
0.7 is a number between 0.65 and 0.75 and
0.05 is a number between 0.045 and 0.055,
which multiplied together give a number between 0.02925 and 0.04125
or 0.035 +/- 0.006 if we are not loosing any precision.
This can be expressed as 0.04 with one significant digit (as were the
original numbers) - but looses some precision.

Tim