Unhelpful Error Messages No. 15: Find it yourself.

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 16:19:00 EDT 2002

hansgeunsmeyer at earthlink.net (hg) wrote:

>But the traceback has a very clear line nr: 5... You're punished for
>using "import *".  Are you sure that rslhHTML isn't instantiating any
>classes? Did you try import rslhHTML at the Python prompt?

Thanks for the info.

However, there is nothing wrong with using "import *". I am sure there
is no name conflicts. Every class starts with rslh...

I am sure rslhHTML isn't instantiating any classes. It consists ONLY
of class definitions.

I did import rslhHTML at the Python prompt. That was what I meant by
PythonWin.

Anyway, for what it's worth, after several hours of hacking the code
around trying to work out which bit was at fault, I eventually deleted
the .pyc files and the problem went away.

How fustrating is that?
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd