RTFM

Mike Mellor mmellor1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 08:59:48 EDT 2002

James Besemer wrote:

 >I too initially thought Demian's reply was a bit harsh. However, in
 >context of his "smart-questions" FAQ it seemed a little more reasonable.
 >
 >--jb

Sorry James, I don't agree. There is no excuse for being rude - no
matter how high-speed a hacker you are. It was a reasonable question
from a new user (I've asked several questions like this in the past -
maybe I was wrong). If the answer was so obvious, then Demian should
have answered the question and then included a link to the python docs -
not a link on how to properly ask questions on a mailing list. Compared
to all the "where can I download python?" questions I've seen on this
list over the two years that I've been on the list, Henry deserved a
better response.

Mike