How do I invoke IE browser from Python on Mac OS X?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Oct 21 00:36:35 EDT 2002

Paul Jackson wrote:

> Ah - so you're operating under the long standing Unix etiquette
> that it's bad form to have any redundancy in a man page <grin>.
>
> More technically, the ellipsis says it takes more arguments,
> but it doesn't say that 'open' will open them.  Perhaps 'open'
> passes args 2+ to the invoked command as args 1+.

Then the usage specification would be incorrect.  In that case it would
say `filename [args ...]', not `filename ...'

There's nothing wrong with redundancy in man pages, but this is
different from redundancy.  The mention of an example that implicitly
includes globbing is a little misleading, given that probably
(comparatively) few other man pages give an example of a command with a
glob.

It just struck me as rather odd.

/  \ A good indignation brings out all one's powers.
\__/ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Church / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/church/
 A lambda calculus explorer in Python.