Embedding Python in Borland C++ Builder 5.x?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Oct 13 12:58:12 EDT 2002

"Robert Oschler" <Oschler at earthlink.net> writes:

> Has anybody succeeded in embedding Python 2.2.x in C++ Builder 5.x?  I want
> to use it as a script language in my C++ Builder app.  I'll be using Boost
> Python v2 to "link" my C++ data structures and functions with the Python
> interpreter.

Are you planning to port Boost.Python to Borland? The Borland template
machinery is broken enough that I decided not to invest in trying to
get it to work with Boost.Python at all. I tried my test cases against
the free Borland 5.5.1 compiler and quickly gave up since they were
all failing. I'd love to have a port, but I'm guessing it'd be a
(very) significant investment of effort to do one.

--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting