string to float, putting in list/tuple

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Mon Oct 14 16:45:10 EDT 2002

[Daniel Barié]
> And yes,
> I didn't read the tutorial. Shame on me.

No need for shame.  For what it's worth, you might want to glance through
the FAQ on python.org too.  I'm pretty sure the floating point binary thing
is covered in there too.

Also, something I've been meaning to do:  Gain at least a cursory
familiarity with everything in the standard library (not how it works, but
just what's there).  Even after using Python for almost a year and a half,
occassionally someone will post an answer to comp.lang.python mentioning a
part of the standard library I didn't even know existed.  I'm invariably
pleasantly surprised.

Cheers,

// m

-