ssh on solaris 8

Cypher7 member at dbforums.com
Thu Oct 17 08:25:05 EDT 2002

The problem with using os.system to envoke ssh is that I need the
program to beable to send the commands to the remote system.
Because ssh enmulates a terminal I cannot use os.popen to connect
pipes.  If anyone knows a way to do a ssh connection in a scripted
fassion that would also fix my problem because I could have python
generate the script.

The program I'm making is for automated system recovery of a daemon that
runs both locally and remotely.  I don't have the authority to write a
program on the remote system, but can exececute commands at the shell
prompt throgh ssh.