Python Forms?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Oct 10 02:29:58 EDT 2002

"Nico C. Kalteis" <kalteisn at yahoo.com> wrote:

>First of all, thank you to anybody who can answer me this.  I'm primarily an
>ASP developer and have only recently had cause to tinker with Python.  So
>here is my question:
>
>Is there a way to use Python to retrieve variables that are passed to it by
>a form without using a CGI script?  In other words, is there something
>equivalent to the ASP script:
>
><% localvariable = request("querystring") %>
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Besides Steve's suggestion, there are several add-on packages that add this
kind of capability.  Webware has a unit called PSP that is very ASP-like.
Cheetah is similar to it.  Both packages actually generate Python code and
execute it in a CGI context, although there are Apache extensions to allow
the generated scripts to run in Apache's context.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.