realtime design

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 03:34:48 EDT 2002

> [Aahz]
> Ah!  You need to set up your C primitives to release the GIL.  That
> should be easy as long as your C functions don't need to communicate
> with other threads *or* Python while they operate.

I am only doing Python programming, so I have no idea how to release a
GIL.  Also, I am on Windows (without M$ compiler).

Can you point to a list of Python functions that release the GIL?  If
it exists... For example the ** operator does not...as can be seen in
an earlier post.  A list with safe and unsafe functions would be
useful!

'''
definition, not smart enough to debug it.
                -- Brian W. Kernighan
'''