Which Linux distribution?

Hemanth P.S. hemanth_sethuram at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 01:24:42 EDT 2002

Jaroslav Gresula <jgresula at .no.spam.seznam.cz> wrote in message news:<3da0412a at post.newsfeed.com>...
> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***
>
> I've installed RH 7.3 recently and I'm pretty frustrated from their
> approach to Python packages. It is almost impossible to switch to
> Python 2.x version since majority of their scripts is based on 1.5.x.
> I've already read some guides how to accomplish that but it is PITN.

I compiled and installed Python2.2 on my RH7.3. It installed as python2
in /usr/bin. But when I tried to run leo <leo.sourceforge.net> I got an
error saying 'no module to import Tkinter'. There was a Tkinter that was
installed by Python 1.5.2 but for some strange reason it was not installed
by Python 2.2.

> I'm about to switch to different distribution and that's my question.

Anyway, I am planning to install the new Mandrake 9.0 and hope these
problems go away.

--Hemanth