All Your Python Are Belong To Us

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Wed Oct 16 10:59:10 EDT 2002

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when "Mark McEahern" <marklists at mceahern.com> would write:
>> Actually, the "correct" phrasing is:
>>
>>   "All your base are belong to us!"
>
> It's kind of funny to see people tripping over themselves to "correct" the
> grammar for something which became famous for the way it mangled grammar.
> Of course, I'm tripping over myself to point that out, so what does that
> say?
>
> <wink>

If I wanted to get picky, I'd say something about "proper quoting" and
"literary correctness."

But it was really just a flimsy excuse to present a quite evil picture
of the Sesame Street gang :-).

<http://www.thegamegroove.com/images/sesamebase.jpg>

Of course, it's slightly less evil than the "Gay Ernie and Bert"
theory...  http://www.snopes2.com/radiotv/tv/gaymupp.htm>

But the bizarrest one of all was when reality imitated fiction.
<http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/bert.htm>

Someone in Bangladesh was making a "Osama bin Laden" collage poster
(apparently this has been a common business there?), and printed a
couple thousand posters that included a picture of Bert.  That was far
and away the funniest thing I saw in all of 2001...
--
(concatenate 'string "chris" "@cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/python.html