Easy way to break up a sentence?

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Wed Oct 2 11:35:11 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Ken wrote:

> Hi all, I am trying to do a simple word search engine. Is
> there an easy way to break up a sentence into individual
> words so that I can use it to compare without traversing
> through every character?

Hey Ken,

People already answered the "break up" part. I want to ask
about the "search engine" part. What are you trying to do?

A couple weeks ago, I built a python search engine called
Ransacker. Here's an article describing how it works:

http://cornerhost.com/lists/workshop-lite/2002-September/000008.html

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but it might
help you out.

Cheers,

- Michal   http://www.sabren.net/   sabren at manifestation.com
Switch to Cornerhost!             http://www.cornerhost.com/
 Low Priced, Reliable Blog Hosting, With a Human Touch. :)