What the heck has happened to PythonWin???

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Oct 31 17:29:51 EST 2002

Bob X wrote:
> "Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:ctiv9.10864$jE1.36952 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> <snip>
>
>>before.  I *wish* I had time to play on Pythonwin, but it hasn't been
>>touched for ages (however, if you want an excellent spam detection tool
>>for Outlook 2000...<wink>)
>
> Something like this: http://p-nand-q.com/pynospam.htm
>
> or your own?  <wink>

Well, not mine <wink>.  As Skip posted, the general project is
spambayes.sourceforge.net.  I've put together a cute outlook addin.  The
bayesian filter, plus Outlooks integration facilities is providing an
*incredibly* effective Spam filter with very tight integration and
incremental training capabilities.  The bayesian nature means that it
doesn't use pre-determined heuristics, so tends to catch even the most
subtle spam.

There is no binary distribution yet for good reason - significant,
incompatible changes are still being made.  But if you are brave enough,
all the source code is there (it is all pure-Python once you have win32all)

It-works-for-four-people-that-I-know-of <wink>

Mark.