Tkinter support for tk 8.4

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Thu Oct 10 12:07:28 EDT 2002

On Thursday 10 Oct 2002 2:50 pm, Jeff Epler wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:08:51AM +0000, Martin Franklin wrote:
> > So to scratch an itch I just submitted a patch to sourceforge.  The patch
> > contains code for the three new widgets PanedWindow, Spinbox and
> > LabelFrame plus updates to the Text widget to use the new undo/redo
> > features.....
>
> Thanks!  I had started, but I only got as far as Labelframe (easy) and
> Panedwindow (less easy)

Jeff,

I have just uploaded a new diff (Martin v. Löwis has kindly looked over what
is my first patch to any project.....)  It includes updates to the doc
strings for the Button and Label widgets they now support the -compound
option (they can display both image and text wow!)  I also added a new method
to the Wm class and altered the module doc string to include the new widgets
so that pydoc can use it.......   anyway lets hope it gets in!

Regards
Martin