How to use xmlrpc properly with Korean (non-ascii characters)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 22 14:19:08 EDT 2002

    Martin> Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:
    >> You have to be very careful when using XMLRPC with non-ASCII data....

    Martin> I think it is time to drop this limitation....

Be my guest.  I got tired of Dave Weiner's stubborn stance on several issues
and jumped off the xmlrpc mailing list over a year ago.  He controls what is
called "XML-RPC" very tightly.  Last time I checked, there was no movement
on his part to allow non-ASCII strings or anything like Python's None
object.

    Martin> Admittedly, that may require changing the xmlrpc libraries being
    Martin> used, rather than putting something on top of them. However,
    Martin> that shouldn't be too difficult, assuming that those libraries
    Martin> somehow use an underlying XML parser.

It's not a technical issue.  It's an interoperability issue.

Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/
http://www.musi-cal.com/